Updated January 26, 2024
The terms “Pattern Brands”, “Pattern”, “us”, “we” or “our” refer to Pattern Brands, LLC, the owner of the Services. The terms “you” or “your” refer to the user or viewer of the Services.
Personal Information We Collect
For users of the Services, Personal Information may include the following:
- full name, login credentials, email address, physical address, and phone number;
- credit card and payment information; and
- interests, comments, requests, and other information you may offer.
We may also automatically collect other information as you interact with the Services. We collect data relating to the use of our Site, traffic logs, user conduct, or the results of Site usage. We may collect and maintain data about your usage of the Site and/or Services, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, Site and/or Services visits, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as swipes, share lists, and recommendations). We also may automatically collect information from cookies that are placed throughout the Services. Generally, this information is collected in aggregate form, which means we cannot personally identify you through these mechanisms.
The above information may also be collected by third-party service providers, such as Shopify.
Which Collection Technologies We Use
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information to facilitate the provision of your requested services, such as to fulfill orders. We also use Personal Information to track user behavior, improve our products and services, communicate with you regarding the Services, and generate statistics and trend data for internal and external business purposes, such as marketing campaigns and social media advertising. We also will use Personal Information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
Why We Share Personal Information
We do not share your information for commercial purposes.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- With service providers: We may share your information with third parties that perform tasks on our behalf and that help us better provide our Services to you.
- To protect us, our users, or to law enforcement officials: We may share your information to comply with legal processes (including to comply with the law, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to subpoenas, discovery requests, or similar legal processes or proceedings), cooperate with law enforcement or when we believe it is prudent to share information with legal authorities, and investigate and prevent fraud or imminent harm to you, our users, or to us. We may also share your information to ensure the security of our network and services.
- In the event of a business transfer: We may share your information with another entity as a result of a corporate sale, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or we go out of business. User information is generally considered an asset that is transferred in one of these types of corporate transactions.
- With your consent: We may also share your information in other circumstances when we have obtained your consent.
Personal Information Shared with Third Parties
We share your Personal Information with third parties, and/or Subprocessors, to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics and Mixpanel, Inc. to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and how Mixpanel uses your Personal Information here: https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Furthermore, we partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our Site through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our Services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of our Services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement found here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement.
As described, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Prior to engaging any third party service providers or sub-processors, we perform due diligence to evaluate their privacy, security and confidentiality practices, and execute an agreement with them that implements their obligations. If you have any questions about our subprocessing activities, please contact email@example.com. Our sub processors include:
Consent to Data Processing in the United States
Personal Information is retained for an appropriate period of time depending on the purposes of processing your Personal Information and we will securely destroy your Personal Information once there is no longer a need to keep it, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
EU and UK Data Subject Rights
You can exercise the following rights by contacting Pattern Brands at firstname.lastname@example.org: (i) the right to be informed; (ii) the right of access; (iii) the right to rectification and correction; (iv) the right to erasure; (v) the right to restrict processing and sharing; and (vi) the right to object.
Before processing the request, we may need to ensure the identity of the person making the request to avoid sharing data with an unauthorized person and may request additional information from you. As a European or United Kingdom Citizen, you have the right to file a complaint with a European Union supervisory authority, (or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are a resident of the United Kingdom), in the event you have reasonable doubt that we are not processing your Personal Information in compliance with applicable law and GDPR, or UK-GDPR. In such a case, we are asking you to contact us first by sending to email@example.com and we will make our best efforts to reply promptly.
If you would like to access, modify, or delete your personal information, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information or to see if these rights apply to you, please contact us. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah or Vermont resident, the law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. Please review our Supplemental Privacy Notice, attached hereto and made a part hereof as Exhibit A, to learn more about these rights.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). Pattern Brands is highly sensitive to the privacy of children. Therefore, we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Pattern Brands, LLC
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
228 Park Ave S.
New York, NY 10003
(Returns are not accepted at this address and are subject to rejection or disposal if sent. Please click here for our return process)