Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com, and we will get back to you during our office hours from 9 am – 6 pm ET.
- Welcome Discount - 15%
Welcome discount valid for new email and/or SMS subscribers only. Offer code may only be applied to orders over $100, and will take 15% off full priced items only. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts. Offer code is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. One use per customer. Revival Ceramics Planters are excluded from this promotion.
- Holiday Shipping
We are working hard to mitigate fulfillment and shipping delays during this holiday season. Please allow extra time for your order to arrive.
- Where do you ship & deliver?
We currently ship to the contiguous 48 states. We do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii or P.O. boxes. We are working on expanding these options. If you’re part of our email list, we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it’s available.
- When will my order ship?
While the processing and shipping times will depend on the items that you have purchased, please note that we cannot guarantee the timeline that an order will ship. Due to extra safety precautions at our warehouse, the processing time for orders is typically 1-4 business days. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information as soon as your order is on its way.
- How can I track my order?
After placing an order, you should receive a confirmation email with your tracking number. You can use that tracking number to see the status of your order. Be aware that tracking can take up to 12 hours to update. One note: tracking can take up to 24 hours to update. If you don’t receive this email within an hour of placing an order please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are your payment methods?
We currently accept all major credit and debit cards. We are constantly looking at new payment methods. Have a suggestion? Let us know at email@example.com.
What is your return policy?
- We have a 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy on most items. Exclusions apply to certain items. Please see all policies below for additional information.
- To begin a return or exchange, please click here.
- Pattern Brands will supply a pre-paid, pre-addressed postage label. If an item is returned due to defect or through any fault of Pattern Brands, we will refund your purchase price in full. It can take up to 10 business days for us to receive and process your return. Once processed, your refund can take up to 2-7 business days to reflect on your account statement.
- Certain brands and items, due to their nature, are final sale and not applicable for our 30-day, no questions asked return policy. Exclusions include:
- GIR: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
- Piecework Puzzles: Returns are accepted within 30 days of delivery for unopened puzzles.
- Rooted: Returns are not accepted, all sales are final. If your plant comes damaged, send us a note ASAP along with pictures of the damage.
- Revival Ceramics: Returns are not accepted, all sales are final. If your plant comes damaged, send us a note ASAP along with pictures of the damage.
- Canopy: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
- Fellow: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
- Letterfolk: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
- Loftie: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
- Sijo: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
- Yield: Returns are only accepted for unopened and unused items within 30 days of delivery.
What happens if my products arrived damaged?
- We are so sorry about this. We design our products with lasting quality top of mind and hate to hear they weren’t delivered to that standard. Send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll follow up right away to help you get a replacement.
I bought a bundle. Can I return just one of the items?
- We’re sorry, but our bundles are specially priced based on the product set, meaning there is no price for each individual item in the bundle. If you need any help finding a way to use a specific item, please reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com.
- How did you create your products?
Our considered line of high-quality, versatile products are made to last and grow with you. We researched the entire landscape and tested extensively to ensure our products could work across many different rooms, uses cases, and home sizes. Additionally, we took both geometry and design into account for a variety of products that can be mixed and matched while still feeling intentionally put together. We aim to source our materials responsibly to minimize our environmental impact, using post-consumer, post-industrial, recyclable, and long-lasting materials whenever possible.
- How do I take care of my products?
Our products are designed to be easy to take care of over a long lifespan. For plastic, wood, and metal products, use gentle all purpose cleaner and wipe clean using a warm damp cloth. For felt products, vacuum gently. We recommend keeping our true wood products in dry, non-humid environments, and kept away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other appliances that produce heat.
- Are your products food safe?
Products like our Shelf Risers are perfect for storing food, but we do not recommend eating off of them.
- Where are your products made?
Our products are designed in San Francisco and New York City and made in China.
- Do you offer a warranty?
You can find our warranty policy here.
- Where can I find the sizes of products?
Product dimensions are listed in the bulleted section just below the main description on each product page.
- How do I assemble the shelf riser?
Place the wood shelf flat on the ground with Open Spaces logo facing upwards. Hold one steel leg in place over the corresponding holes (the flat panel should be on the inside with the wire legs on the outside). Screw in tightly and repeat on the opposite side.
- How do I assemble the entryway rack?
For detailed instructions on how to assemble the Entryway Rack - click here.
- Why does the color of my felt look different than the photos?
The compressed felt material is sourced from recycled plastic bottle fibers and due to the production process, it is normal to see minor color variances. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What does it mean to be a gold-rated tannery?
The gold rating, certified by the Leather Working Group, assesses the environmental performance of leather manufacturers all over the world and rewards good environmental practice. The scoring is a comprehensive system that measures the manufactures’ ability to: reduce the amount of the resource used, reuse material for the same purpose without additional (or minimal) input, recycle the material that cannot be reused into other products, recover raw material, and refuse any material that can only be disposed of. Read more about the Leather Working Group
- How did you design your cookware?
Our non-stick, non-toxic products were designed for daily use by home cooks. To ensure your cooking experience is as easy and enjoyable as possible, our cookware is:
Free from harmful chemicals including PTFE (Teflon), PFOA, lead and cadmium
Designed to stack for easy access and streamlined storage
Compatible with all stovetops (induction, gas, and electric)
Oven-safe (up to 450°) + dishwasher friendly.
To read more about our principles of Quality, Versatility, and Durability and the considerations that went into our cookware, please visit our design page here.
- What materials do you use for your pots and pans?
When we were creating Equal Parts, it was important for us to identify the safest materials for daily cooking. So, we chose non-stick ceramic – a cleaner, non-toxic alternative to other non-stick options on the market. Ceramic is made from minerals like quartz and is fired at high heat to form a naturally slick glaze.
Our pots and pans have an aluminum core, which is a fantastic heat conductor. It allows for quick and even cooking, and can heat up 16x faster than stainless steel! Our core is coated with thick layers of non-toxic, non-stick ceramic that make clean up a nonevent. We also love aluminum because it’s easily recyclable for when you (eventually) decide to part ways with your cookware.
- What’s so bad about Teflon (PTFE)?
Why is non-stick ceramic a safer option? Surprisingly, 95% of non-stick cookware still contains PTFE, a synthetic chemical that is also used in wire and cable coatings, fabric and carpet protectors. When heated, PTFE-coated cookware has been shown to release chemicals that present mild to severe toxicity. Older non-stick cookware sometimes contains another chemical called PFOA (or C8), a known environmental pollutant, that has largely been phased out in the US.
Equal Parts is free from PTFE, PFOA, and any other harmful chemicals. Our coating is made from 100% non-stick ceramic, so you don’t have to worry about toxins making their way into your food.
- Is your cookware pet and bird safe?
Yes! Ceramic cookware is safe to use around pets and birds.
- Is your cookware oven safe?
Yes – our pots and pans (and lids!) can be heated up to 450°F in the oven.
- Are your cookware and accessories dishwasher safe?
Keep in mind that dishwashers can be tough on pots, pans and knives. To keep your tools in top shape, we recommend hand-washing your cookware and Chef’s Knife with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. If you decide to use the dishwasher, place your cookware on the top rack as this is often the most gentle cleaning area.
Mixing Bowl lids and our Oak Cutting Board are not dishwasher safe.
- Does your cookware work on all stovetops?
Yes! We designed our cookware to be compatible with all stovetops including gas, induction, and electric.
- How do you care for non-stick ceramic?
Before getting started, warm on low heat and add a small amount of cooking fat. We recommend oils with high smoke points like refined coconut, avocado, peanut, and ghee. An oil's "smoke point" refers to the point at which the oil begins to break down. Low smoke point oils may leave a sticky residue that is difficult to clean.
Because our cookware heats quickly and evenly, you can do most of your cooking on low or medium. A sear is okay every once in a while, but consistent cooking on high heat can reduce the lifespan of the non-stick quality of your cookware over time.
Hand-washing your pots and pans is always best—use warm water, soap, and a soft sponge (no steel wool, please!).
Visit this page for more information on how to care for your cookware.
- How should I store my cookware?
Our pots and pans and mixing bowls nest seamlessly, so you can store your cookware even in the tightest of kitchen spaces. Before storing, make sure each product is nice and dry, and consider adding spacers or kitchen towels to keep your cookware in their best shape.
- How can I keep my Chef’s Knife sharp?
Our Chef’s Knife is made from durable German Steel that’s designed to stay sharp. However, with time and everyday use, your blade may start to cut less cleanly. A honing steel can be used to keep the existing edge straight and feeling sharp. If you’re using your Chef’s Knife frequently, you can hone it every couple of weeks to keep it in top shape.
Re-sharpening your knife creates an entirely new edge, and should be done every 4-6 months. Try a whetstone or use your local sharpening service for the best results.
- Do your handles and knobs get hot?
We designed our handles and knobs to not only feel natural in your hand, but also to stay cool and dissipate heat. That said, make sure to protect your hand if left over a burner or placed in the oven for an extended period of time.
- My pan is looking burned or discolored – what do I do?
If you still see residue on the cooking surface of your pan, fill it with warm water and let it soak. Then, use a sponge and a mild soap to wipe off remaining residue.
For the induction plate, make a thick paste of baking soda and water. You can also get some help from a cleaning agent like Bar Keeper’s Friend. Apply to the stain and let it sit. It should wash away easily after this step.
If the exterior of your cookware is looking discolored, try applying a paste of baking soda and water, or reach out to email@example.com for more tips.
- Where are your products made?
Our products are designed in NY and SF and manufactured in Southern China. Our production partners have spent years producing some of the world’s leading cookware brands and follow responsible manufacturing practices, with leading industry certifications including BSCI and ISO9001.